This project was archived.
Talayan, Maguindanao IDP Camp
ARMM Humanitarian Emergency Action and Response Team (HEART) is coordinating the ongoing humanitarian response to the IDPs in Maguindanao, Philippines. Approximately 124K individuals (25K families) from several municipalities were affected by this crisis.
ARMM-HEART needs updated basemap to assist in monitoring and coordination of IDP camps. ARMM-HEART field officers are using OSMAnd for monitoring IDP camps. Updated road and settlement data is needed to reach inaccessible IDP camps.
Created by maning - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- roads, residential areas, public buildings, waterways, school ground and school buildings
- Changeset Comment
- ARMM-Heart IDP mapping #hotosm-project-969 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Priorities to map are: roads, residential areas, waterways, public buildings, place of worships (mosques and christian churches), school ground and school buildings. We do not need to trace individuals houses for now (just trace the big buildings which might be use as IDP camps and serve as navigation reference). For areas with a lot of individual houses, simply enclose the area with landuse=residential.
Use Bing or MapBox imagery to update the map in OSM. Some areas maybe too big for a single task, so split them accordingly. When using MapBox satellite, always align to GPS tracks or existing mapped data.
Minimum data needed to validate/invalidate a tile/task are the following:
- roads - validate if the major highways (primary, tertiary) connect to the residential areas. Some settlements maybe isolated and the road leading to them may not be visible in the imagery. If this is the case, no need to invalidate the task/tile.
- residential/settlement areas - validate if all settlements (a cluster of 20 or so houses) are enclosed with landuse=residential polygon/enclosed way. There maybe isolated buildings in the imagery, no need to invalidate if these buildings were not traced.
- major waterways - validate if major waterways (waterway=river) was traced as a way/line. No need to trace large rivers as polygons/closed way (waterway=riverbank), irrigation ditch/canals, or storm drains.