This project was archived.
- Author: Missing Maps
- Requesting Organization: MSF
- Priority: High
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate pre-emptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
MSF is currently assessing populations that have been displaced from their homes and livelihoods due to the devastating civil conflict that erupted in December 2013. MSF is planning to fly in medical teams by helicopter to assess displaced populations in Mankien, Nimni and Koch for illnesses and malnutrition, with a view to setting up a medical intervention. In order to do this they need to know beforehand where the populations are and how to access them by foot. This mapping initiative is crucial to helping our teams plan their movements and ensure we reach as many people as possible in the small amount of time we have on the ground.
Created by pedrito1414 - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- Road networks, residential areas, buildings
- Changeset Comment
- Nimni, #SouthSudan #MissingMaps #hotosm-project-853 #NextView #MapGive When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
[imagery url available only after accepting the license]
Access to this imagery is limited by the NextView license agreement.
You need to review and acknowledge the agreement.
PLEASE START IN THE NORTH OF THE TASK AND WORK SOUTH.
Please trace areas of habitation (landuse=residential), buildings (building=yes) and map roads and smaller paths for as far as you can follow them (see below for useful tags and resources).
Use Next View imagery provided.
Save with credit to HotOSM. Comment the changeset with: Nimni, #SouthSudan #MissingMaps #hotosm-project-853 #NextView
Commonly used tags and useful resources:
- landuse=residential for a border around a cluster of residential buildings
- buildings=yes for all buildings
- highway=primary, secondary or tertiary for main roads connecting towns
- highway=residential inside residential boundaries
- highway=unclassified connecting smaller villages and hamlets.
- highway=track only goes to farmland
- highway=path - not even a 4x4 can get down this