This project was archived.
- Author: Missing Maps
- Requesting Organization: MSF
- Priority: Medium
The region of Bangassou was affected by violence in March 2013. In order to allow access to secondary health care in the region of Bangassou, MSF has started supporting HRUB (Hopital Régional Universitaire de Bangassou) since February 2014. From early 2015, it will increase its action to primary health care and support some periphery health centers.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate preemptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
For more information on the Missing Maps, visit www.missingmaps.org.
Created by pedrito1414 - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- Road networks, residential areas and buildings
- Changeset Comment
- Bangassou CAR #hotosm-task-811 #MissingMaps When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Please trace roads, areas of housing (landuse=residential) and buildings (building=yes).
Use Bing Imagery.
Save with credit to HotOSM. Comment the changeset with: Bangassou, Central African Republic (CAR) #hotosm-task-811 #MissingMaps
See Bangassou pinterest board for photos from the region (to help you understand what you are looking at)
Commonly used tags and useful resources:
- landuse=residential for a border around a cluster of residential buildings
- building=yes for rectangular & round buildings - trace the building outline
- building=construction for walls without a roof
- highway=primary, secondary or tertiary for main roads connecting towns
- highway=residential inside residential boundaries
- highway=track only goes to farmland
- highway=path - not even a 4x4 can get down this
- waterway=river for centreline on waterway
- waterway=riverbank for river banks!
- waterway=wadi - path of a seasonal river or stream - depends on the time of year as to whether water present
- natural=water & water=lake for lakes
Other useful tags
- leisure=common for large open areas (not fields, just smooth open ground next to towns) as as these are potential helicopter landing sites.
- amenity=school - school areas are easily identified as 1 or 2 long buildings at the edge of the village, sometimes with two small toilet buildings behind them. The schools are almost always accompanied by a large open area for the children to play in, tag the whole area of the school complex with amenity=school and trace the school buildings and bathrooms.