This project was archived.
HOT has tasked members to provide PRE Disaster mapping of areas impacted by the typhoons Landfall and its Track across Central and Northern Samar.
Hi Res DigitalGlobe Imagery is now available
Through the MapGive project, the Humanitarian Information Unit (HIU) of the U.S. Department of State is providing the OpenStreetMap community access to updated satellite imagery services to help assist with humanitarian mapping.
Created by Mark_Cupitt - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- roads buildings, residential and commercial areas and waterfronts, schools, hospitals, churches, malls, sports complexes, open areas (Helicopter Landing)
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-task-805 - Typhoon Ruby - #MapGive #RubyPH When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
[imagery url available only after accepting the license]
Access to this imagery is limited by the NextView license agreement.
You need to review and acknowledge the agreement.
Please see the Mapping Standards for this activation at the Activation Wiki
NOTE: Please align the Digital Globe Imagery to the BIng Imagery before starting to map
Note: These tiles are relatively large as it is a large area to cover. please feel free to split the tiles as you see fit. (You can split up to two times) If the tile is partially obscured in cloud we suggest you split the tile and map what you can. If there is a significant amount of cloud cover, we recommend that you leave the large tile as it is and map around the cloud.
Note: Please focus on theNORTHERN Areas of Samar (Focuse Area Highlighted in RED) and the ISLAND GROUP TO THE WEST to start with Please also check the work done and add buildings where there are areas marked as landuse=residental as well as the tags as requested below
Please identify and trace the following features:
- roads; schools, hospitals, churches, buildings, residential and commercial areas and waterfronts, malls, sports complexes.
- open areas (not fields, just smooth open ground next to towns) as leisure=common as these are potential helicopter landing sites.
Please tag any structures that are used as evacuation centers as evacuation_centre=yes (eg: Churches, Malls, Sports Complexes, Churches, Hospitals, schools)
If you have local knowledge, please also identify:
- names and boundaries of settlements, sub-places, administrative districts and health districts
- medical facilities
Save with credit to HotOSM and MapGive. Comment the changeset with:
hotosm-task-805 - Typhoon Ruby - #MapGive
And use the following source tag either on the objects you create or on the changeset itself (if using JOSM):
source=WorldView-2, DigitalGlobe, NextView, 13 July 2014