This project was archived.
- Author: Missing Maps
- Requesting Organization: MSF
- Priority: Medium
The region of Bangassou was affected by violence in March 2013. In order to allow access to secondary health care in the region of Bangassou, MSF has started supporting HRUB (Hopital Régional Universitaire de Bangassou) since February 2014. From early 2015, it will increase its action to primary health care and support some periphery health centers.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate preemptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
For more information on the Missing Maps, visit www.missingmaps.org.
Created by pedrito1414 - Updated - Priority: low
- Changeset Comment
- Bangassou, CAR #hotosm-task-749 #MissingMaps When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Please trace and tag only roads networks and smaller paths for as far as you can follow them (see below for useful tags and resources).
PLEASE WORK FROM WEST TO EAST, RATHER THAN CHOOSING RANDOM TILES.
Use Bing Imagery.
Save with credit to HotOSM. Comment the changeset with: Bangassou, CAR #hotosm-task-749 #MissingMaps
Commonly used tags and useful resources for road networks
- highway=primary, secondary or tertiary for main roads connecting towns
- highway=residential inside residential boundaries
- highway=track only goes to farmland
- highway=path - not even a 4x4 can get down this
See the OSM Highway Tag Africa page for a localised description of some of these tags.
Also, the OSM map features page for more info