The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Unlike HOT's disaster response activations, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate preemptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
For more information on the Missing Maps, visit www.missingmaps.org.
About Mount Rokatenda
Paluweh, also known as Rokatenda, is a stratovolcano that forms the small island of Palu'e, north of Flores Island in Sikka Regency in the province of East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. The volcano rises about 3,000 m (9,840 ft) above the sea floor.
Eruptions of VEI 3 have occurred in 1650 ± 50, 1928 and 1972. On 16 January 2005, there were signs of a pending eruption, causing the mountain to be placed under alert status.
Please help map this area to help official and volunteer do better preparedness and response for the disaster.
Created by emirhartato - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- highway (primary, secondary, tertiary, unclassified), landuse (residential, farmland), shelter (temporary, permanent), building
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-task-746 #MissingMapsJKT When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
How to contribute?
- Pick a square
- If there is nothing map, you can mark task as done
- If you see buildings, landuse, and roads that haven't been traced, help tracing them
- Upload, don't forget to put changset comment as described, and put "Bing" under source, mark task as done
- If you're not done, unlock task
- Pick another square and repeat from step-2
What to map and how to tag them?
- Primary road: highway=primary
- Secondary road: highway=secondary
- Tertiary road: highway=tertiary
- If you are not sure the type of the road, use: highway=unclassified
- Residential: landuse=residential
- Farmland: landuse=farmland
Then put additional information:
- If it's temporary shelter: shelter_type=temporary
- If it's permanent shelter: shelter_type=permanent