This project was archived.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Unlike HOT's disaster response activations, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate preemptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
For more information on the Missing Maps, visit www.missingmaps.org.
About Mount Kelud
Mount Kelud is listed as one from 22 dangerous volcano in Indonesia. The eruption cycle is relatively short (9-25 years). It has been erupted seven times: 1901, 1919, 1951, 1966, 1990, 2007, 2014
The last eruption happened on Thursday night (2/13/2014), trapped people in several villages and disrupted flights in Java island. The National Disaster Agency evacuated people within 20km radius.
Please help map this area to help official and volunteer do better preparedness and response for the disaster.
Created by emirhartato - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- highway (primary, secondary, tertiary, unclassified), landuse (residential, farmland), shelter (temporary, permanent), building
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-task-425 #MissingMapsJKT When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
How to contribute?
- Pick a square
- If there is nothing map, you can mark task as done
- If you see buildings, landuse, and roads that haven't been traced, help tracing them
- Upload, don't forget to put changset comment as described, and put "Bing" under source, mark task as done
- If you're not done, unlock task
- Pick another square and repeat from step-2
What to map and how to tag them?
- Primary road: highway=primary
- Secondary road: highway=secondary
- Tertiary road: highway=tertiary
- If you are not sure the type of the road, use: highway=unclassified
- Residential: landuse=residential
- Farmland: landuse=farmland
Then put additional information:
- If it's temporary shelter: shelter_type=temporary
- If it's permanent shelter: shelter_type=permanent