- Author: MapUganda and HOT
- Requesting Organizations: Water Youth Network and MapUganda
- Map Features:
Buildings and Roads
As heavy rains continue to pound various parts of the country; three premature babies have died at Kisiizi Hospital, in Rukungiri District, due to a power blackout that was caused by flooding. Dr Francis Banya, a gynaecologist at the hospital said they are facing a shortage of water since all water pipes that supply the hospital have been damaged by the floods. “At the moment, the hospital has no water. It’s so difficult to run a hospital without water,” Dr Banya said. - reports a local news paper Daily Monitor.
Maintaining clinical care will be really difficult and there will be major expenses incurred from the damage sustained. Thank you for your prayers and support. Kisiizi Hospital said on their website.
Please take some time to map buildings and roads in this tasks as a way of supporting the hospital and the many patients it serves.
Created by lusdavo - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Buildings and Roads
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-3568 #MissingMaps #MapUganda #UgandaFloods When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- Please use DigitalGlobe Premium, as its the most recent. Where it is not clear use Bing Aerial Imagery.
- Please accurately outline all the buildings you can find. The outline should be for the full size of the building even if it is partly covered by trees in the imagery.
- Most buildings are rectangular, after drawing the outline, use the 'Q' key in the JOSM editor to "square" the corners or press 'S' in iD editor.
- Many buildings are very close, but do not actually touch each other, try to map them close to each other without letting them connect or share nodes with each other, roads or residential area outlines.
- Please map roads as completely as possible by connecting them to the main road networks wherever possible.
- Very short segments that do not connect to anything should not be mapped.
- Short segments of a road or path that you cannot see through the trees but seem very likely to exist should be mapped to keep the road complete.
- Try and map a little beyond your task square so the person who maps the task square next to yours can easily connect them.
- Always connect roads to other roads where they meet and never end roads on residential area polygon edges or on buildings.
You will most often use the following road classifications (JOSM): highway=primary, highway=secondary, highway=tertiary - These are major roads that connect large cities and span long distances. Many of these are already mapped, just be sure to map the unclassifieds and residential that run off of the existing mapped roads. highway=unclassified - This is for roads that a vehicle with 4 wheels could travel on that connect small villages and settlements. * highway=residential - These are roads that are in settlements that only are used for access to houses and buildings.