An 8.2 magnitude earthquake hit the southern Mexico region before midnight on Thursday September 7th 2017. It is the largest earthquake to shake the country in a century.
The temblor occurred some 50 miles southwest of Pijijiapan, Mexico, off the coast of the southern Mexican state of Chiapas, at 11:49 p.m. local time (12:49 a.m. ET), according to the USGS. The depth of the earthquake was 43 miles, the USGS said.
At least 60 people were killed and more than 200 were injured.The states were the most population was affected, Oaxaca and Chiapas are two of the poorest states in the country
Created by Verdy_p - Updated - Priority: high
- Entities to Map
- roads and buildings
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-3567 #OSM-MX #MXEarthquake2017 #TuxtlaGutiérrez When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Roads should be reviewed and improved, with their connections.
Buildings should not cover roads/streets, realign them if needed.
PLEASE DO NOT DO VALIDATION UNLESS YOU ARE A VERY EXPERIENCED MAPPER
How to contribute:
- Pick a square.
- If there is nothing to map, add a comment and mark the task as done.
- If you see buildings that haven't been traced, please trace them.
- If you map all the buildings in your task square, upload your edits by clicking save and mark the task as Done.
- If you did not map all the buildings, use the "stop mapping" button to unlock the task and someone else can complete it.
If you see too many buildings in a square, don't hesitate to use the "Split" link if a task square is too big to finish in 10 mins or so.
These are somewhat big task squares because most of the area is lightly populated, but they all have to be checked.
Tags to use:
- highway=residential if connected on both sides or with several houses along
- highway=service+service=driveway if no exit and going to a single house
- highway=unclassified with no housing but connecting to other villages or hamlets
- highway=track for planned constructions but still no houses around
(Do not confuse unpaved tracks with small streams which have many more small curves)
- building=yes (only for new builndigs - don't alter subclassification already made by local mappers for wellknown services)