This project was archived.
Mapping project in response to hurricane Irma (Sept 2017) potentially hitting South Florida.
The storm is one of three hurricanes in the Atlantic basin, the first time in seven years there have been a trio of hurricanes at the same time in that part of the world. Please see the storms path through the link to NOAA's website.
Created by bgirardot - Updated - Priority: urgent
- Entities to Map
- buildings only
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-3547 #HurricaneIrma When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Special Project Notes
- Use Esri World Wide imagery layer for mapping, it should load automatically
- Imagery should closely match existing mapping, maybe off by 1 yard
- If you can only figure out Bing, bing works too, but try to use the auto loaded Esri layer.
- Please accurately outline all the buildings you can find. The outline should be for the full size of the building even if it is partly covered by trees in the imagery.
- After drawing the outline, '''use the 's' key in the iD web editor to "square" the corners'''.
- Many buildings are very close, but do not actually touch each other, try to map them close to each other without letting them connect or share nodes with each other, roads or residential area outlines. In the iD web editor, holding down the "alt" key will keep nodes of "snapping" to each other and accidentally connecting.
- In the iD web editor, the first time you map a building you will use the "Building Features" category and then at the top of the list select "Building" again, this is the most generic building tag we can use as we almost never can tell the more specific use of any building from imagery alone.
'''Only if you have personal knowledge of a building''', please add that information to the building, like the name or type of building (hospital, school, gas station, etc).