- Requesting Org: HOT and OSM Niger
- Map Feature:
Buildings and highways only
This project aims at mapping the Diffa town in Niger, affected by Boko Haram attacks. It has been created using the existing residential areas in OpenStreetMap as the targeted polygons to create the individual squared tasks.
Created by ilasolthah - Updated - Priority: high
- Entities to Map
- Bulidings, Highways
- Changeset Comment
- #osm_Niger-Diffa-Niger-hotosm-project-3397 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
The region of Diffa is one of the regions of Niger. For years this area has been affected by the Boko Haram conflict. Diffa is the largest city of Niger in this area. This project aims to map this city to produce data allowing the NGOs that are in place to carry out humanitarian aid coordination activities.
Use the Digital Globe Premium Imagery as it is more recent than Bing. When you upload add this in the source box :
- Digital Globe Premium Imagery
Trace all the buildings (building=yes) and huts (building=hut). In the case schools, health centers or other amenities have been identified, please change building=yes by a more precise value (school, hospital, etc.)
- Trace all roads by seeding from: Highways Tag Africa (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Tag_Africa)
*Trace rectangular buildings with buildings tools. Some buildings are published under bing imagery, in which case they should not be deleted. Draw a new building and select both, then use Ctrl + Shift + G to replace the geometry. It is also necessary to take into account the reflection of objects because some buildings have clay roofs, which makes their visibility blurred.
- Do not hesitate to trace soil occupation ( ex: natural=water)