- Author: Ramani Huria
- Requesting Organizations: HOT and Ramani Huria
- Map Feature:
This task is part of a long term consortium Disaster Risk Reduction program with the World Bank, Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT), Ardhi University, Tanzania Red Cross Society, Danish Red Cross, Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre, University of Dar es Salaam, and Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH).
Please see instructions for details on how and what exactly to map.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate preemptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
For more information on the Missing Maps project, visit www.missingmaps.org.
Created by lusdavo - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- Please trace buildings only, use Bing aerial imagery.
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-3394 #MissingMaps #RamaniHuria When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Project Specific Mapping Notes
- A few of these squares may already be partially mapped, please review and map missing features if needed, fix up the existing mapping, or just mark it "Done" if already completely well mapped.
- Please use Bing Aerial Imagery, (or Mapbox if Bing is not clear).
- Please accurately outline all the buildings you can find. The outline should be for the full size of the building even if it is partly covered by trees in the imagery.
- Most buildings are rectangular, after drawing the outline, use the 'Q' key in the JOSM editor to "square" the corners.
- Many buildings are very close, but do not actually touch each other, try to map them close to each other without letting them connect or share nodes with each other, roads or residential area outlines.