Sleeping sickness or Human African Trypanosomiasis (HAT) is endemic in 36 African countries and around 13 million people are at medium to high risk of being infected. HAT is transmitted by the tsetse fly and is usually fatal without treatment.
MSF responds by screening villages for HAT cases in the health zone Kibombo in the Maniéma province, in DR Congo.
Created by Idriss - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- residential areas, major road networks
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-3288 #MissingMaps #CongoDRC #bing Added #settlements #majorroads When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Pleas focus on mapping residential areas and major highways/roads. Please use the Bing imagery provided.
Commonly used tags
Residential areas are composed of more than two houses and are tagged with landuse=residential. Click here for a guide on mapping residential areas
- highway=primary, highway=secondary or highway=tertiary for main roads connecting towns
- highway=unclassified connecting smaller villages and hamlets
Other road tags:
Smaller offshoot roads could be left off unless they link different areas of habitation.
- highway=residential inside residential boundaries
- highway=track only goes to farmland
- highway=path, narrow footpaths, not even a 4x4 can get down this
See RemoteMappingGuideSouthKivu a tracing guide developed for South Kivu, a neigbouring province of Maniema. Highway Africa Tag page for advice on tagging roads and see the OSM map features page for more info.