This project was archived.
- Author: HOT & OSM-CD (with DigitalGlobe support)
- Requesting organization: Various
- Priority: Urgent
There have been 21 suspect cases of ebola in the Bas-Uele, Democratic Republic of Congo.
This urgent task is set up to help the DLM, INRB and other organisations to respond efficiently to the outbreak. Detailed maps of road networks, human settlements, and health facilities in the outbreak area are crucial for them to be able to properly deploy in the area.
Likati town is currently being transformed in a response hub to fight this 8th ebola outbreak in DRC, whose the need to map it accurately.
This recent (Dec. 2016) panchromatic satellite imagery is kindly made available by Digital Globe to support the emergency response.
Created by clairedelune - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- road network and buildings
- Changeset Comment
- 2017 Ebola outbreak, mapping roads and buildings in Likati, Bas-Uele #DRC #hotosm-project-3009 #OSM-CD ; source=DigitalGlobe When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
[imagery url available only after accepting the license]
Access to this imagery is limited by the DigitalGlobe Satellite EULA license agreement.
You need to review and acknowledge the agreement.
Please use the Digital Globe Imagery provided. It is black and white, buildings appear more clearly after zooming in.
You can adjust the brightness of the imagery, that might help identify buildings. Please see this example of how to change the brightness in the iD web editor.
Don't hesitate to divide your task if you find it too big.
Commonly used tags
Buildings are generally round or rectangular be tagged as Building Features=Building in iD and building=yes in JOSM. There are keyboard shortcuts for creating the shapes.
- highway=residential inside residential boundaries
- highway=track only goes to farmland
- highway=path, narrow footpaths, not even a 4x4 can get down this
If road networks already exist, but do not follow the satellite imagery accurately, please adjust accordingly. As there is a lot of jungle in this area it may be hard to see the roads. Please do as best you can.