This project was archived.
- Author: HOT & OSM-CD
- Requesting organization: Various
- Priority: Urgent
This urgent task is set up to help the DLM (Direction de Lutte contre la Maladie) and INRB (Institut National de Recherche Biomédicale) to respond efficiently to the outbreak. Detailed maps of road networks, human settlements, and health facilities in the outbreak area are crucial for them to be able to properly deploy in the area.
Created by pedrito1414 - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- road networks, residential areas
- Changeset Comment
- 2017 Ebola outbreak, mapping roads and settlements in Bas-Uele #DRC #hotosm-project-2990 #OSM-CD ; source=DigitalGlobe When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Please map residential areas and major highway/road networks as a priority.
Instructions change: buildings will be treated in a separate task, please focus on roads and residential areas limits
Please use the Digital Globe Premium Imagery Service provided.
Commonly used tags
Please outline residential areas (more than two buildings / structures) and tag as landuse=residential (in JOSM) or Landuse Features=Residential Areas (in iD). If residential area shapes already exist, but do not encompass all the buildings in the village or town, please adjust the boundary accordingly.
- highway=unclassified connecting smaller villages and hamlets
- highway=tertiary for main roads connecting towns
If road networks already exist, but do not follow the satellite imagery accurately, please adjust accordingly. As there is a lot of jungle in this area it may be hard to see the roads. Please do as best you can.
Other road tags:
Smaller offshoot roads should be ignored unless they link different areas of habitation.
- highway=residential inside residential boundaries
- highway=track only goes to farmland
- highway=path, narrow footpaths, not even a 4x4 can get down this
Waterways are not a requirement of this task, they can however be useful, feel free to map them as well.
- waterway=stream for the small ones
- waterway=river for the bigger ones