HOT is supporting the local OSM community in Peru to improve the basemap in areas affected by recent flooding.
This project may not be easy for beginners as it involves mapping multiple features and preserving connectivity of the road network and waterways across task squares. The project is to provide a complete road network, all major waterways and all residential areas.
See this wiki-page for more information:2017 Floods in Peru
Created by bgirardot - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- buildings only
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-2701 #Peru #PeruFloods2017 #osmpe Imagery donated by #spacedat.com via #OAM. Adding buildings. When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Project Specific Mapping Instructions
- When saving, please edit the source field: Spacedat Drone Imagery 2017 via OAM
- Map buildings that are part in and part out of your task square, try to select task squares with no one working next to you.
- Please accurately outline all the individual buildings you can find. The outline should be for the full size of the building even if it is partly covered by trees in the imagery.
- After drawing the outline, use the 's' key in the iD web editor to "square" the corners.
- Many buildings are very close, but do not actually touch each other, try to map them close to each other without letting them connect or share nodes with each other, roads or residential area outlines. In the iD web editor, holding down the "alt" key will keep nodes of "snapping" to each other and accidentally connecting.
- In the iD web editor, the first time you map a building you will use the "Building Features" category and then at the top of the list select "Building" again, this is the most generic building tag we can use as we almost never can tell the more specific use of any building from imagery alone.
Only if you have personal knowledge of a building, please add that information to the building, like the name or type of building (hospital, school, gas station, etc)