- Requesting Organization: IFRC
- Priority: Urgent
This project is for more intermediate and advanced mappers
`There is an offset between the provided imagery and what has been previously mapped. Please align the imagery before mapping. An offset has been uploaded to the offset database for use in JOSM, however this may not be consistent a
On Tuesday, March 7th, a Cyclone Enawo with wind speeds equivalent to that of a category 4 hurricane, made landfall in the north east of Madagascar. This is the strongest cyclone that has impacted the country in the last 13 years. Much of the nation's roads are dirt, and due to rains and flooding, reaching the most heavily impacted areas will be difficult. Until cloud free, post-event imagery is available, ensuring a complete road network for base map data is important for organizations responding on the ground.
Created by Giblet - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-2665 #redcross #CycloneEnawo #DigitalGlobe source=GeoEye1, DigitalGlobe, 11 March 2017 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Please use Digital Globe Imagery for this task.
There is an offset between the provided imagery and what has been previously mapped. Please align the imagery to Bing before mapping.
- Please accurately outline all the buildings you can find. The outline should be for the full size of the building even if it is partly covered by trees in the imagery.
- After drawing the outline, use the 's' key in the web editor to "square" the corners.
- Many buildings are very close, but do not actually touch each other, try to map them close to each other without letting them connect or share nodes with each other, roads or residential area outlines. In the iD web editor, holding down the "alt" key will keep nodes of "snapping" to each other and accidentally connecting.
- In the iD web editor, the first time you map a building you will use the "Building" category and then at the bottom of the list select "Building" again, this is the most generic building tag we can use as we almost never can tell the more specific use of any building from imagery alone.