- Author: Missing Maps
- Requesting Organization: American Red Cross
- Priority: Medium
NOTE: Not for beginners. Due to the amount already mapped here, this is unsuitable for mapping in iD. Please only map in JOSM.
The American Red Cross is supporting the Haitian Red Cross to expand their community based disaster response and health efforts into new communities in the northern metropolitan Port au Prince area. The communities outlined are at significant exposure to seasonal and acute flooding risks and they lack access to basic health services, disaster preparedness plans and disaster response plans.
Updated maps will support Haitian Red Cross to identify safe emergency shelter sites as well as to prepare emergency evacuations routes that reflect population centers and road network capacity. Furthermore, updated maps will help Haitian Red Cross to identify particularly vulnerable families and plan ways to improve access to them.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate pre-emptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
Created by Giblet - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- buildings, roads, and barriers
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-2422 #missingmaps #redcross #canaan #haiti When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
NOTE: This project is unsuitable for editing in iD given the density of features. Please use JOSM
Due to the elevation changes in the area, there will be many places where the data does not align to the imagery. If possible, please align the buildings and roads to the custom imagery service in the task.
Mapillary data collected by the American Red Cross is available for some streets. To view the data in JOSM use the Mapillary Plugin.
- building=yes for all buildings
- building=construction for buildings under construction
- highway=residential - inside residential boundaries that can still fit a car
- highway=track - a road wide enough for a 4x4
- highway=path - not even a 4x4 can get down
Many new walls are being built around properties. Please tag as: - barrier=wall
The entryway for the wall can be tagged as: - barrier=gate
This imagery was provided by Potentiel3.0 and was captured by a Sensfly Ebee in September 2016. The imagery is available for download from OpenAerialMap.