This project was archived.
Project is to confirm forest & fields only - Should go quickly
The southern African Kingdom of Swaziland is leading the way in the global fight against malaria and is on the verge of making history by eliminating malaria from its borders by the end of 2016 according to the Kingdom of Swaziland National Malaria Control Programme. If the country achieves malaria elimination, it will be the first country in southern Africa to achieve zero local cases.
Please be a part of this amazing effort at eliminating malaria in Swaziland in 2016 and map in some buildings!
Great for new mappers - Buildings only - Very easy but important mapping
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate pre-emptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
Created by bgirardot - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- buildings only
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-2014 #MissingMaps mapping buildings for #Swaziland Malaria Elimination Program. When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Unique project, please read Notes!
Project Specific Mapping Notes
Forest! - EVERY task square should be almost only forest or fields, please search carefully for buildings but hopefully there are very few
Only buildings need to be mapped (if you can find any!)
- Pictures: We collected flickr pictures of the landscape and types of buildings you will most commonly be mapping
- Mapping Video: We created a quick 18 minute video that shows exactly how to map this project.
- Please accurately outline all the buildings you can find. The outline should be for the full size of the building even if it is partly covered by trees in the imagery.
- After drawing the outline, use the 's' key in the web editor to "square" the corners.
- In the iD web editor, a circle building can be made by drawing a triangle and then pressing the "o" key.
- Many buildings are very close, but do not actually touch each other, try to map them close to each other without letting them connect or share nodes with each other, roads or residential area outlines.
- In the iD web editor, the first time you map a building you will use the "Building" category and then at the bottom of the list select "Building" again, this is the most generic building tag we can use as we almost never can tell the more specific use of any building from imagery alone.