- Author: Missing Maps
- Requesting organization: American Red Cross
- Priority: Low
The American Red Cross is partnering with the Vietnam Red Cross to increase the resilience and capacities of 24 disaster prone communes in Quang Nam and Quang Ngai provinces. The project will see to address the particular needs and capacities of vulnerable groups, including women, children, disabled people, the elderly, and those who reside in the most disaster-prone areas.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate pre-emptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
Created by Giblet - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- buildings and roads
- Changeset Comment
- #hms_gw #hotosm-project-2011 #MissingMaps #redcross When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
[imagery url available only after accepting the license]
Access to this imagery is limited by the NextView license agreement.
You need to review and acknowledge the agreement.
Imagery is from DigitalGlobe's GeoEye-1 Satellite, acquired 08 March 2016
building=yes for all buildings
- highway=residential - inside residential boundaries that can still fit a car
- highway=track - a road wide enough for a 4x4
- highway=path - not even a 4x4 can get down