This project was archived.
Only for experienced JOSM mappers
An earthquake of magnitude 7.8 hit the coastal region of Ecuador on April, 16th at 23:58 UTC. This major event was followed by several shocks (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map). The tasks consists on drawing roads, towns, villages, for coordinating help efforts from government institutions and civil society initiatives of rescue. Infrastructure has been damaged and the main access roads are blocked, leaving coastal towns disconnected from rescue efforts.
Created by Humberto_Yances - Updated - Priority: low
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-1832 #MappingEcuador source=SNI When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Experienced JOSM mappers / Trace highways only
- Trace the road networks that are missing and/or broken
- highway=secondary is used for roads connecting towns, and within large settlements for roads connecting local centres.
- highway=unclassified / minor roads is used for roads connecting villages and hamlets
- highway=residential is used for roads within a town or village
- highway=track is used for roads into rural/farms areas
Broken roads/bridges tags: Create a small way segment where your evidence a place where road/bridge is broken and then add to this small segment this tag::
this is to respond to routing services based in OSM data
that already support this tag schema
Just to make more easy your valuable contribution, please take a look to this guide for Ecuador tracing