- Author : Missing Maps
- Requesting Organization : Terre des hommes
- Priority: Low
- Imagery : Bing
Due to recurrent flood in the Ramna Union in Bangladesh, knowing the area and so having reliable OSM datas will incredibly help in organizing help. Terre des hommes works in order to mitigate flooding consequences via Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) programs. In particular, TdH will work to elevate house's basement and contingence plans preparation.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crisis). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate pre-emptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crisis occurs.
Created by Violaine_Do - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- road network, residential areas
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-1817 #MissingMaps #Bing #Bangladesh When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Please focus on mapping the following items, as this is a first step of mapping in this area not yet mapped.
And don't forget to mark your task as done once completed !
For mapping residential areas, please use the tag landuse=residential
Taken from Wikiproject Bangladesh
- highway=secondary - Regional Highways
- highway = tertiary : Major local roads, to be judged by the mapper
- highway=unclassified - Minor local roads, to be judged by the mapper
- highway=residential - City roads that are mostly for access to housing
Always connect roads to other roads where they meet and never end roads on Residential or other area polygon edges.
For more information, please visit: Wikiproject Bangladesh or a nice video introducing road network mapping (by B.Girardot,HOT) in Africa but can make sense in learning road mapping