This project was archived.
An earthquake of magnitude 7.8 hit the coastal region of Ecuador on April, 16th at 23:58 UTC. This major event was followed by several shocks (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map). The tasks consists on drawing roads, towns, villages, for coordinating help efforts from government institutions and civil society initiatives of rescue. Infrastructure has been damaged and the main access roads are blocked, leaving coastal towns disconnected from rescue efforts.
Created by aero97 - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- residential areas, buldings and all roads
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-1795 #MappingEcuador When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Please choose a square to map. The areas in red are the highest priority
- Map the residential or urban areas
- Trace the road networks that are missing
- Trace all buildings in the square
Please use Bing imagery. If Bing isn't avalable, try MapBox imagery.
Commonly used tags
Areas composed of more than two houses. Trace a boundary around the buildings and tag it with landuse=residential
- highway=secondary is used for roads connecting towns, and within large settlements for roads connecting local centres.
- highway=unclassified / minor roads is used for roads connecting villages and hamlets
- highway=residential is used for for roads within a town or village
- building=building (in iD)
- building=yes (in JOSM)
Please make sure you trace the buildings accurately. Corners can be automatically made right angles by using the S key (in iD) or the Q key (in JOSM).
Note: Gross priorized areas by cantons are used, some spaces can not have Bing coverage.