This project was archived.
- Author: Missing Maps
- Requesting Organization: American Red Cross
- Priority: Medium
Every year in the Americas more and more people are living in conditions of vulnerability to natural hazards and climate change. To help reduce disaster risk and enhance community resilience in the region, the American Red Cross is working with Red Cross partners in the Bahamas, Belize, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guyana, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama and Peru to address local hazards and vulnerabilities in dozens of disaster-prone communities.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate pre-emptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
Created by Giblet - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- buildings, roads, waterways
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-1597 #MissingMaps #RedCross #PledgeForParity #map4women When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- building=yes for all buildings
- building=construction for buildings under construction
- highway=residential inside residential boundaries that can still fit a car
- highway=path - not even a 4x4 can get down
Please map all waterways in the area
Please use the Bing imagery available though iD editor or JOSM