- Author: Missing Maps
- Requesting organization: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Priority: Low
MSF teams working in northern Nigeria respond to a variety of different health needs. These include emergency response to disease outbreaks across the area. Accurate maps of the area will assist emergency teams with epidemiological analysis, disease surveillance and logistical planning.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate pre-emptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
Created by pedrito1414 - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- residential areas, major road networks
- Changeset Comment
- Niger State, Nigeria #hotosm-project-1396 #MissingMaps Added #majorroads #settlements #osmgeoweek2016 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
This is the first stage in providing pre-emptive mapping of Niger State in Nigeria. The project focusses on residential areas and major highway/road networks. Please use Bing aerial imagery.
Commonly used tags
Residential areas are composed of more than two houses and are tagged with landuse=residential.
If residential area shapes already exist, but do not encompass all the buildings in the village or town, please adjust the boundary accordingly.
- highway=tertiary for main roads connecting towns
- highway=unclassified connecting smaller villages and hamlets
If road networks already exist, but do not follow the satellite imagery accurately, please adjust accordingly.
Other road tags:
Smaller offshoot roads should be ignored unless they link different areas of habitation.
- highway=residential inside residential boundaries
- highway=track only goes to farmland
- highway=path, narrow footpaths, not even a 4x4 can get down this