For a week, Kinshasa suffered more frequent heavy rains than usual. In many places, drainage is inadequate. Several districts are currently under water, walls crumble, people find themselves without a roof, and a large part of the city is deprived of drinking water and electricity.
It is urgent to have accurate mapping of settlements, streets, waterways and land use.
This task concerns the area covering the area around the River Ndjili in particular, including shares Kisenso, Masina and Kimbanseke. The priority is to cover this area as quickly as possible with the network of streets and waterways + land use where possible.
Created by clairedelune - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Streets, tracks, paths, waterways and landuse / Rues, pistes, chemins, cours d'eau et utilisation des terres
- Changeset Comment
- Kinshasa, RDC #hotosm-project-1394 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
The land use and / or ground cover
- landuse = residential (residential areas)
- landuse = allotments (agricultural areas, consisting of multiple small plots - family agriculture)
- natural = wetland (swamp or wetlands)
- natural = scrub (natural vegetation, uncultivated, composed mostly of shrubs and bushes)
- waterway = stream (rivers, streams)
The streets In some places, they can be difficult to distinguish - do your best, it does not matter if you miss one or two.
- highway = residential (streets)
- highway = path (paths, narrow paths)
highway = track (tracks outside inhabited areas, leading to agricultural areas in particular)
No need to draw buildings yet!
The majority of this task can be performed using imaging Bing. source = Bing
If Bing is not available for your area, then use MapBox, which covers the area not covered by Bing with high resolution grayscale image. source = MapBox
If the selected task seems too large as to be able to complete it within a reasonable time, you can choose to split it. It will be divided by 4 and you can select a smaller square.