This project was archived.
- Author: Missing Maps
- Requesting Organization: American Red Cross
- Priority: Medium
The American Red Cross is supporting the Haitian Red Cross to in their community based disaster response and health efforts Campeche in Port au Prince. Tracing will allow the Red Cross to better understand settlement patterns and do a household count in support of a community capacity assessment.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate pre-emptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
Through the MapGive project, the Humanitarian Information Unit (HIU) of the U.S. Department of State is providing the OpenStreetMap community access to updated satellite imagery services to help assist with humanitarian mapping.
Created by dkunce - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- buildings, roads
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-1237 #MissingMaps #RedCross #MapGive Source=WorldView-3 & GeoEye-1, DigitalGlobe, NextView, 02 Aug 2015 & 13 Sep 2015 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
[imagery url available only after accepting the license]
Access to this imagery is limited by the NextView license agreement.
You need to review and acknowledge the agreement.
DO NOT use Drone Imagery. This is out of date and has poor spatial accuracy.
Mapillary data collected by the American Red Cross is available for some streets. To view the data in iD expand the map data panel by typing "F." Make sure that "Mapillary" is checked and you should be able to view orange circles on the map where photos are available.
- building=yes for all buildings
- building=construction for buildings under construction
- highway=primary, secondary or tertiary for main roads connecting towns
- highway=residential inside residential boundaries that can still fit a car
- highway=track to small for a car or vehicle
This imagery is from Digital Globe’s WorldView-3 and GeoEye-1 satellites, and composed of images that were taken on August 02, 2015 and September 13, 2015. The images are orthorectified for terrain corrected geographic precision. Additionally, the images have been contrast stretched using a custom stretch and processed into a Tiled Map Service (TMS) for performance.