This project was archived.
- Author: Missing Maps / HOT
- Requesting organization: MSF
- Priority: Medium
Bukama and its region have been partially mapped, but there is relatively little data on surrounding rural settlements and their connecting roads. In order to support an upcoming MSF measles vaccination programme, we need to fill in the gaps by mapping residential areas and roads in these areas. Please help us complete the mapping so that the data can be used for the upcoming MSF programme as well as for future outbreak surveillance and response.
The Missing Maps project aims to map the most vulnerable places in the world (affected by humanitarian crises: disease epidemics, conflict, natural disasters, poverty, environmental crises). Building on HOT's disaster preparedness projects, the Missing Maps tasks facilitate pre-emptive mapping of priority countries to better facilitate disaster response, medical activities and resource allocation when crises occur.
Created by DanCulli - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- Residential areas, road networks
- Changeset Comment
- Bukama, #DRC #hotosm-project-1145 #MissingMaps #Bing #osmgeoweek #100mapathons When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Please click on a square to start mapping.
Map all residential areas such as towns, villages and settlements as polygons. Simply draw a polygon around the residential area and tag (see below).
Map highways and roads that connect villages and settlements as lines and tag (see below). Do not include smaller roads such as those that lead to houses or paths between agricultural fields.
See below for useful tags and resources.
- tag as Land Use=Residential Area (if using iD) or landuse=residential (if using JOSM).
- for main roads connecting towns, tag as Road = Primary Road, Secondary Road or Tertiary Road (if using iD) or highway=primary, secondary or tertiary (if using JOSM).
- for roads connecting smaller villages, hamlets, or settlements, tag as Road = Unclassified Road (if using iD) or highway=unclassified (if using JOSM).
- Use Bing Imagery for this project.