The objective of this task is to improve the base map of Bamako, the capital city of Mali.
This base map will serve a lot of people for a lot of different purposes: local people and foreigners will be able to orient them better in the city, (inter)national NGOs can adapt their aid programs better, governmental institutions will be able to improve infrastructures, businesses will be able to point their agencies on the map, etc.
The priority area colored in pink is where the members of the OSM Mali community is collecting data in the field. Digitizing it helps them for their field mapping.
Created by Jorieke V - Updated - Priority: low
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-1075 #Bamako #Mali When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Please identify and verify the following features:
- buildings (building=yes)
- roads, streets, paths (according the Highway Tag Africa wiki page)
- water bodies (natural=water), rivers (waterway=river), smaller connecting and narrow waterways (waterway=stream), and if the water disappears seasonally add (intermittent=yes)
If you have local knowledge, please identify also:
- names and boundaries of neighbourhoods, sub-places and administrative districts
- medical facilities, educational institutions, religious sites and other points of interest