This project was archived.
THIS TASK IS FOR MORE EXPERIENCED MAPPERS
- Author: HOT / Kathmandu Living Labs volunteers
- Requesting organization: Nepal Government, International Response community
- Priority: Urgent
- Imagery: Bing, MapBox
Northern areas as isolated with landslids and road blockages. In this context it is urgent to spot official Helicopter landings (Circle with a H). This task is also a Pilot to contribute to evaluation for potential landing. After completion, this info will be evaluated by experts..
Thanks to Bing and Mapbox for their imagery support.
JOSM update example polygon tag
aeroway=helipad Circle with H sign
Created by PierZen - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Helipad, common leisure (potential use for helico landing)
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-nepal-earthquake-1026 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
source=Bing and MapBox OpenCycleMap is also used to evaluate elevations
Locate Helipads (Circle with a H)
Trace polygons tag
see image in the Description section (display bug reported in instruction panel)
Create a circle:
- add 2 points,
- select them,
- select menu option Tool / Create a circle
Locate potential Helicopter landings
Look for a clear area in the village away from houses and hills. Shift to OpenCycleMap layer to evaluate if this area is flat enough, with a minimum width of 30 meters. The Scale bar can help to evaluate the distances. The image above helps also to evaluate what should look like such area. If there is no flat area, do not trace a polygon. Do not put a polygon on crop areas, the areas we are looking for are bare ground or grass only areas.
- Trace a polygon