This project was archived.
Sindhupalchowk is high priority area for rescue. We need you to map as much details as possible so we can use the data to create printed maps for relief and response workers.
Created by Nirab Pudasaini - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- roads, buildings, waterways and residential areas
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-1014 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Imagery NOTE: Bing is missing for some areas. In these cases, try Mapbox imagery
Comment source=Bing Imagery If any problem with Bing Imagery, verify if MapBox covers the area. Then, source=MapBox
Road tagging guide
- highway=primary Road corridors that carries a huge volume of traffic between arterial roads and has a high density of public transport services. These roads often connect two relatively distant localities in urban areas.
- highway=secondary Collector roads that carry lower volume of traffic and has either no public transport service or a lower density of public transport service. These roads often connect two neighboring/nearby localities in urban areas.
- highway=road Roads traced from satellite imagery for which a classification has not been determined yet. This is a temporary tag indicating further ground survey work is required.
- highway=residential General residential roads in a planned locality. Wide enough to carry slow moving residential traffic.
- highway=service Generally for access to (or inside) a building, industrial estate, universities, parks, etc.
- highway=pedestrian Roads that are almost exclusively used by pedestrians and are out of bounds of motor vehicles in normal conditions, such as plazas and squares.
- highway=track Unpaved motorable tracks
Also, look out for pedestrian suspension bridges. They are common and can look like this. Tag as: bridge=suspension / highway=footway / layer=1